Wednesday, July 28, 2010

DIY Mitsubishi GTO front 4 pots disc brake system upgrade

Since my stock standard wira 1.3 solid disc performance is way not adequate for my current engine setup, I had decided to swap it with the Mitsubishi GTO front 4pots disc brake system which I bought it almost a year ago and kept growing mushroom in the store...

The bracket was done for plug and play into wira knuckle, the paint was done couple of months ago, started to peer off



Polished GTO rotor but started to rust due to kept in storage for months, PCD size is re-drilled to 100 to hole my original wheel.


Both side of knuckles is to be changed also due to the wore wheel bearing of my car. Here is the knuckles bought from halfcut shop. The metal disc cover needed to be removed to hold the much bigger GTO disc rotors.


Removed disc metal cover







Caliber hose nut had been re-drilled to fit the stock brake hose and banjo fitting.


Finished product. No photos was taken during the installation, my hands was getting dirty and no have time for it :P

Left side


Right side


Now I feel a really great performance step up for my brake system... But... one thing to be sad, due to the rim offset is not enough to clear the caliber, I had used a 2 inches spacer which actually used for widebody setup, now my rim is way offset and might hit the fender if the car is lowered... I still need a new alignment and balancing as well as a center cone to hold my wheel better...

My rear is still drum, rear disc brake is still getting rust in the store, swapping will be carried out soon as I got spare time to get it fix.

Lastly, I wish to thousand thanks of my friends who really helped me alot of the DIY.
Ah Yoong, Ah Yik, and Ah Khoo really appreciate yours help. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment